Throughout school, we promote physical activity and healthy lifestyle choices through our varied PE curriculum, house sports competitions, inter-school sports competitions and active playtimes. These areas of the curriculum develop our children’s knowledge, skills and confidence in a range of physical activities as well as an understanding in children of their bodies in action and promote positive attitudes towards health and well-being. This enables children to make informed choices about physical activity throughout their lives.
At St. Patrick’s we aim to ensure all pupils:
- have access to appropriate and enjoyable PE and sport opportunities.
- understand the importance of physical exercise and healthy lifestyle choices
- reach the recommended daily 30 minutes of physical activity in school.
- develop the physical literacy, emotional and thinking skills needed to succeed in PE and sport.
- are able to reach their full potential and achieve in PE and sport.